It’s been two full weeks of taking my break from wine. So far, this is what I’ve experienced.
The first week:
- I had a dull headache for the first 3 or 4 days.
- I drank just as many grape juice spritzers each evening as I did glasses of wine.
- Even my, oh let’s call it “bathroom time” was minimal at best and very uncomfortable for about a week.
- I had bad dreams almost every night.
- And, every day around 4:00 in the afternoon I would become a bit sad.
The second week:
- I noticed two beautiful sunrises, and thought to myself, “hey I noticed those and smiled”
- I cut back on the grape juice spritzers.
- “Bathroom time” became a bit more regular, thank GOD!
- Sleep got a little easier, with the help of some chamomile tea
- The 4:00 hour became a little easier
- The weekends felt a little longer, but if I’m being honest perhaps a bit boring too.
- My week at work was more pleasant in some weird way.
- I’m smoking less (go figure!) of course that could be because it’s cold as crap and I don’t want to go outside!
That’s it…. that’s where I am now. My 30 days ends on February 14th. I KNOW RIGHT!!! Valentines Day. I don’t know how I feel about that yet, we’ll see.
All in all, I’m still feeling pretty good about it.