Again, I want everyone to know that I am completely stealing Five Frugal Things from Katy over at The Non Consumer Advocate. I love her blog and if you have time, pop over there and check it out.
Five Frugal Things:
- On Monday (before the March Madness Grocery Budget Challenge) I price shopped at Wal-Mart for avocados. I showed the cashier my receipt from Aldi and she rang my avocados up for 59¢ each instead of 99¢ (they price match). I’ll be hanging on to that Aldi receipt.
- Took advantage of the warm weather this week and hung 3 loads of laundry on the line.
- I cleaned and organized my kitchen cabinets, ending up with a large box of things to go to Goodwill. I’ll keep decluttering and hopefully get some things listed on Craigs List.
- Returned my books on cd to the library on time and picked up more. (On time means no late fees which is frugal)
- Started another batch of citrus (vinegar) cleaner with leftover orange peels. See my post titled “Orange Chicken” for the details. I organized the pantry, fridge and freezer preparing for the MMGBC (extra points for sharing what those initials stand for)
- (OK 6 Frugal things) Bought a bottle of vodka yesterday because the ice cold Corona with lime has too many damn calories!!! (more on that next week) Vodka with seltzer and lime juice, only 90 calories, BAM! What???? That IS NOT groceries!!! I’ll start testing the frugality of the vodka tonight, stay tuned.
Now your turn. Do you have Five Frugal Things to share?
Till Next Time,