This week was “stay out of the stores” week and I’m happy to say that I’ve been rather successful too.
Well, I did have to stop and pick up a few canning jars, but that’s it.
I realized that each day either on my way to work or on my way home the thought of stopping at the store just somehow instantly popped in my mind.
Just like hey it’s 12:00 time to eat lunch, or hey it’s bedtime time to brush my teeth, hey I’m in the car lets stop at the store….
What is that!!!
What I know about myself is that if I don’t make a conscious effort to stay out of the stores then my subconscious will come up with something that I need and I’ll be at the stores every day.
So this weeks frugal five is more about the things I didn’t do instead of the things I did do.
- Not one morning did I stop at the stores on the way to work to pick up something I thought I might need.
- Only one evening did I stop at a store to pick up canning jars, but bought nothing else that I thought I might need.
- I did not carry my credit card with me all week, purposefully.
- I did not spend any of the cash in my wallet and used a store credit to purchase the canning jars I picked up.
- I did not buy breakfast, lunch or dinner out all week.
I did however “put up” (canning) 16 jars of salsa, 7 jars of tomato juice, 5 jars of sweet relish, 16 jars of (my version) salsa verde, we packed our lunches, dried our clothes on the clothes line (in between storms), added money to the pickle jar and are still breathing fresh air and loving it.
What frugal fun have you had this week?
Till next time,